Your Mom's Note:
Adapted from: Eating Well Flourless and butterless
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat to 325°F Line two baking sheets with Silpat or parchment paper.
- 2Pulse nuts and sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Scrape into a large bowl.
- 3Beat egg whites and salt in another large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 4Using a silicone spatula, fold the egg whites into the nut mixture. Add vanilla and gently but thoroughly mix until combined.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a disposable piping bag and snip off the tip. Pipe the batter on the Silpat, making sure to keep a uniform size under 1 inch in diameter, as well as maintaining a fingers distance between cookies.
- 6Tap the baking sheet a few times on the counter, this will help spread the cookie and give a flat cookie with a good snap.
- 7Sprinkle the cookie batter with the sliced hazelnuts.
- 8Place the baking sheet in the centre of the oven and bake until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Switch the pans back to front. Keep an eye on it; it goes from golden brown to brown very quickly, given the tiny size.
- 9Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Gently transfer the butterless cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 10Store in an airtight container for upto a week. But I bet it won't last that long.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Butterless Italian Hazelnut Cookies (Brutti Ma Buoni)
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g