Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This triple-tested recipe came from Family Circle ("Cakes You Can't Resist").
Make and share this Flourless Almond Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Coat a 9" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Microwave butter and chocolate together on high for one minute.
- Keep heating at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Then, stir until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Knead Confectioner's sugar and almond paste.
- Roll out into an 8" circle.
- Beat granulated sugar into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until well blended.
- Beat until light and airy about 2 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Sift the cocoa powder over the top of the chocolate mixture; beat on low speed until blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour half of batter into pan, then fit almond paste round on top.
- Spoon remaining batter over almond paste and smooth with a spatula.
- Gently arrange almonds on top.
- Bake in 375 oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan to wire rack and let it cool to room temp.
- Then, refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove side of pan.
- Now, it's ready to frost or sprinkle with Confectioner's sugar or just eat!
My family enjoyed this chocolatey and rich slice of heaven! I was lazy and didn't want to roll out the almond paste, so I just thinly sliced it and placed the slices in the middle of the cake batter (without adding the confectioner's sugar). As it baked, the top cracked so it wasn't very pretty, but some whipped cream and a few berries disguised it well! I would definitely serve this with some tart berries or a sauce to offset some of the richness! Next time I am adding a layer of raspberries on top of the almond paste before baking. If you like almonds and chocolate you will love this recipe! Thanks for posting!