This triple-tested recipe came from Family Circle ("Cakes You Can't Resist").
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a 9" springform pan with cooking spray.
- 2Microwave butter and chocolate together on high for one minute.
- 3Keep heating at 30 second intervals until melted.
- 4Then, stir until smooth.
- 5Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 6Knead Confectioner's sugar and almond paste.
- 7Roll out into an 8" circle.
- 8Beat granulated sugar into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- 9Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until well blended.
- 10Beat until light and airy about 2 minutes.
- 11Beat in vanilla and salt.
- 12Sift the cocoa powder over the top of the chocolate mixture; beat on low speed until blended, about 1 minute.
- 13Pour half of batter into pan, then fit almond paste round on top.
- 14Spoon remaining batter over almond paste and smooth with a spatula.
- 15Gently arrange almonds on top.
- 16Bake in 375 oven for 30 minutes.
- 17Remove the pan to wire rack and let it cool to room temp.
- 18Then, refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 19Remove side of pan.
- 20Now, it's ready to frost or sprinkle with Confectioner's sugar or just eat!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless Almond Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1039 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4252.0
- Calories from Fat 2464
- Total Fat 273.8 g
- Saturated Fat 128.0 g
- Cholesterol 1151.3 mg
- Sodium 2313.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 449.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 34.4 g
- Sugars 386.8 g
- Protein 63.1 g