Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This triple-tested recipe came from Family Circle ("Cakes You Can't Resist").
Make and share this Flourless Almond Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Coat a 9" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Microwave butter and chocolate together on high for one minute.
- Keep heating at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Then, stir until smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Knead Confectioner's sugar and almond paste.
- Roll out into an 8" circle.
- Beat granulated sugar into chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until well blended.
- Beat until light and airy about 2 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Sift the cocoa powder over the top of the chocolate mixture; beat on low speed until blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour half of batter into pan, then fit almond paste round on top.
- Spoon remaining batter over almond paste and smooth with a spatula.
- Gently arrange almonds on top.
- Bake in 375 oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan to wire rack and let it cool to room temp.
- Then, refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove side of pan.
- Now, it's ready to frost or sprinkle with Confectioner's sugar or just eat!