Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from a friend of mine who would have "tortilla making parties". In order to eat her yummy food, you had to make your own tortillas.
- Mix dry ingredients well.
- Add shortening and mix until it resembles cornmeal.
- Add warm water and mix until dough can be gathered into a ball.
- Divide into 12 balls.
- Flour surface lightly.
- Roll out into thin rounds.
- Cook in ungreased skillet until lightly brown.
These were very easy and SO much better than store-bought! I am now having visions of hosting tortilla making parties of my own! Made to go with Chipotle Chicken Wraps #392709 .