These turn out great I make about sixty at a time and freeze.
Make and share this Flour Tortillas recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually stir in enough warm water to form a crumbly dough; then work dough with your hands until it holds together.
- Turn out onto a board and knead until smooth.
- Divide into 12 pieces and shape each into a smooth ball.
- Cover lightly with plastic film and let rest about 15 minutes.
- For each tortilla, flatten one ball into a 4 or 5-inch patty, then roll into a 9-inch round, rolling from center to edges.
- Turn tortilla often, stretching dough as you carefully peel it off board.
- Make sure these are paper thin, the thinner, the better!
- As each tortilla is shaped, place on preheated, dry, heavy griddle or heavy wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
- On a preheated electric griddle set at medium-high heat or about 375 degrees.
- Almost immediately, tiny blisters should appear.
- Turn tortilla and immediately start pressing a wide spatula directly on top of it-- press gently but firmly all over the top.
- Blisters will form over most of surface as you press.
- Turn tortilla and press all over other side until bilsters turn a golden brown; tortilla should remain soft.
- If tortillas stick or brown too quickly, reduce heat.
- Stack tortillas as cooked inside a folded cloth towel within a plastic bag; close bag and let tortillas steam and soften until all are cooked.
- Serve tortillas as soon as they are soft; or cool, remove from bag, wrap in foil, and refrigerate or freeze.