1/2 Photos of Flour Tortillas
Galley Wench's Note:
My son has been making tortillas for several years. This is his 'tweaked' Joy of Cooking recipe. So much better than store bought tortillas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add flour, salt, shortening (or coconut oil) and honey to food processor or mixer with dough hook.
- 2Gradually add water while processing.
- 3Mix until smooth ball is formed.
- 4Set aside and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- 5Form dough into 8-10 balls, cover and allow to rest 20 minutes.
- 6Roll on lightly floured surface into 7-inch circle or use tortilla maker.
- 7Stack between wax paper.
- 8Heat a cast iron skillet over med-high heat.
- 9Cook tortilla, turning occasionally until light brown spots appear on the surface, about 2 minutes.
- 10Stack tortillas on plate and cover with kitchen towel until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flour Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 292.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g