Recipe by lindsayt
SO much better than store-bought!
Top Review by Mamarobyn
My family loves these tortillas. It's easy and quick to prepare. How tricky part was how to judge 'when each is done.' I found out to only cook it for about 30 secs to 1 min on each side...just enough so their not doughy. Thanks for the recipe.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup shortening or 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add oil.
- Add water.
- Let stand 10 minutes covered.
- Divide into 12 equal balls and cover with plastic.
- Roll out and cook on griddle (no oil).
- When each is done, stack inside dish towels to steam.
- Finish the other eleven and let stand in towels five minutes until soft.