Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
came from a church cookbook
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.cut in the vegetable shortening.slowly add the water.
- Combine well.
- knead until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Form the dough into balls about 2" in diameter and press into a 5" circle.
- fry on a hot griddle on each side until it begins to brown.
I am so sorry to give a first review of a recipe such a poor rating. This review is for the tortillas... My DH and I tried to make these, and after making 4 we completely stopped and my hubby went to the store for the tortillas. We tried the first one and it tasted like flour, and we continuted because we thought we could disguise the taste with the other ingredients we were placing in them, and the sauce we were going to use over them, but then just decided that it wasnt worth the effort. I am so sorry, and wish that it was a better turn out. We ended up using the rest of the dough for scones, and it worked out superbly. We were thrilled that we didnt completely give up on the recipe, and that we were able to use it for something. For this purpose, I would give it 4 stars, but really, since this recipe was for tortillas, I gave it a one star review. Sorry. :(