Recipe by riffraff
Don't tell me this sounds awful, I KNOW. I had the recipe for a year before someone convinced me to try it. These dumplings are way better then the canned bisquit kind. I guessed at the cook time.
Top Review by bratty
Chicken and Dumpling is one of those recipes that it seems everyones Grandma's or Mom's are always the best. My Mom recently confessed to me that this is they way she has been making them for the last 2 years, with tortillas. I could never tell the difference from the "usual" way. So, I tried your recipe Riff! They turned out perfect. I couldn't believe how good they were, and that I had made them! The less mess and effort makes this worth trying, and a recipe I will definatley make again and again.
- 1 chicken (3 lbs)
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules or 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 count) package flour tortillas, cut into 2 inch wedges or squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken until tender.
- Remove meat from bones when cool enough to handle.
- Reserving liquid.
- Place all the ingredients except flour tortillas in chicken broth in which chicken was cooked.
- Add enough water to make approximately 2 quarts.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Drop in tortilla pieces.
- Cover pan and let simmer for about 15 minutes.