Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
aka 'Bundner Mehlsuppe'. Published by the Chur Chapter of the Swiss Womens' Institutes. submitted for ZWT7.
- 59.16 ml fat (butter or lard)
- 118.29 ml flour
- 1419.54 ml water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml beef bouillon
- 44.37 ml milk or 44.37 ml cream
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the fat. Add the flour and stir constantly over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the water and stir until the bubbling stops, and lower the heat.
- Then add the salt and bouillon and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Finish by stirring in the milk or cream. You can then stir the grated cheese into the soup, or, if you prefer, serve it alongside.