Recipe by foodtvfan
A good flour only shake-and-bake recipe, with seasonings, for a nice change from crumb coatings. For variation you can add 1/2 teaspoon of any one or more of the following: basil, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, sage, or dried leaf thyme. Add 1 teaspoon curry powder with the flour mixture for a spicier coating.
Top Review by Deborah H.
I have a special southwest herb/spice that I make; I added that to the flour and it was great. Cumin, chili powder, paprika , salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Mexican oregano are the ingredients, So Good!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, salt, paprika, pepper and dry mustard in a plastic or paper bag.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash chicken pieces; pat dry on paper towels.
- Beat an egg or two and some milk (depending on quantity of chicken) together.
- Dip chicken pieces in the egg mixture.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of flour mixture per piece of chicken in a plastic bag.
- Shake chicken pieces, one at a time, until coated. Discard any leftover used mixture.
- Place coated chicken pieces, skin side up, on a cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake chicken pieces at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes, up to one hour, or until chicken is completely done.