Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good flour only shake-and-bake recipe, with seasonings, for a nice change from crumb coatings. For variation you can add 1/2 teaspoon of any one or more of the following: basil, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, sage, or dried leaf thyme. Add 1 teaspoon curry powder with the flour mixture for a spicier coating.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix the flour, salt, paprika, pepper and dry mustard in a plastic or paper bag.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash chicken pieces; pat dry on paper towels.
- Beat an egg or two and some milk (depending on quantity of chicken) together.
- Dip chicken pieces in the egg mixture.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of flour mixture per piece of chicken in a plastic bag.
- Shake chicken pieces, one at a time, until coated. Discard any leftover used mixture.
- Place coated chicken pieces, skin side up, on a cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake chicken pieces at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes, up to one hour, or until chicken is completely done.
this was great. thanks for the recipe. i used some brown flour instead of white because i didn't have any all purpose flour left and i added garlic powder DIB's recommendation and i flipped them over in the oven after 40 minutes. it turned out delicious! thanks for such a delcious and easy and quick dinner recipe.
Hi~ I needed a quick Shake and Bake recipe for SEvans Chicken Cordon Blue Cheese. This fit the bill. I added thyme and a pinch of oregano, along with garlic powder. Work Out Great! Thanks for posting, Di
I used this with Chicken Fried Steak W/Cream Gravy. It gives a nice seasoning taste. I think next time I make this, I will cut the paprika down to 1/2tsp. Its also nice to have on hand when needed for a breading. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)