A good flour only shake-and-bake recipe, with seasonings, for a nice change from crumb coatings. For variation you can add 1/2 teaspoon of any one or more of the following: basil, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, sage, or dried leaf thyme. Add 1 teaspoon curry powder with the flour mixture for a spicier coating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour, salt, paprika, pepper and dry mustard in a plastic or paper bag.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3Wash chicken pieces; pat dry on paper towels.
- 4Beat an egg or two and some milk (depending on quantity of chicken) together.
- 5Dip chicken pieces in the egg mixture.
- 6Place about 1 Tablespoon of flour mixture per piece of chicken in a plastic bag.
- 7Shake chicken pieces, one at a time, until coated. Discard any leftover used mixture.
- 8Place coated chicken pieces, skin side up, on a cookie sheet with sides.
- 9Bake chicken pieces at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes, up to one hour, or until chicken is completely done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flour Shake and Bake for Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4656.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 14.1 g