Recipe by Leta
A great light frosting that is less sweet than the traditional buttercream frostings.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
This is the BEST frosting! I use butter instead of margarine (with any recipe I do that) and the recipe may sound a bit odd, but it is absolutely worth it and doesn't taste odd at all! It is especially good with rich, dark chocolate cake. It is a bit more work than traditional home-made frostings but everyone loves it the best! Tasting is believing :)~
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan blend flour and milk.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture bubbles.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and salt, blending well.
- On medium speed beat in cooled flour mixture in small portions (teaspoonful at a time), beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until light and fluffy.