Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fast fish recipe that tastes great and is healthy too.
- 1 lb flounder or 1 lb sole or 1 lb other delicate fish fillet, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup leek, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- If fish fillets are large, cut into 4 serving pieces. Arrange in ungreased square baking dish, 8 x 8 x 2 inches. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and leeks in butter, stirring occasionally, until leeks are tender. Stir in wine. Pour mushroom mixture over fish. Sprinkle with almonds and cheese.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Thanks for recipe, Nicole. We really enjoyed this. Used pickeral, and served with white and wild rice, broccoli.
I cooked this in the microwave - 2 1/2 minutes for 2 thin pieces of flounder. It came out great!
This was wonderful! A nice change from our usual "plain" grilled fish. The mushrooms added such a gourmet taste. Thank you Nicole!