1/8 Photos of Flounder Stuffed With Shrimp and Crabmeat
I created this recipe that is great served with rice pilaf and steamed vegetables. While this recipe is shown for 4 servings, it is easily halved for two servings, or doubled or tripled, etc. for larger gatherings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 4 ounces shrimp, chopped fine (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, to taste or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat (or more if desired)
- 3 -4 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, more as needed
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil and butter. Add the onions, garlic, celery, and peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted.
- 2Add the shrimp and season with salt and Old Bay (to taste). Sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and place mixture into a bowl. Gently stir in the crabmeat, then the bread crumbs a little at a time, adding more as needed to gently bind. Set aside to cool.
- 3Place equal amounts of filling onto each fillet and roll up. (alternatively, you can place one fillet on the baking sheet, place filling atop the fillet, then place another on top, off to the side, to resemble a pocket of stuffing).
- 4Place the fish on a baking dish (seam side down if rolled). Drizzle the fish with the butter and sprinkle with lemon juice. Sprinkle top of fish with salt, black pepper and paprika.
- 5Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until fish is cooked thru. Remove the fish from the oven and serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flounder Stuffed With Shrimp and Crabmeat
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.5
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 164.9 mg
- Sodium 1217.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning