Recipe by Rita~
This is a healthy dish using a potato to hold the arugula and sundried tomatoes together in the flouder roll topped with pine nuts. Cooking time depends on how thick th flounder is. You can also lay the flounder down next to each other, fill and roll up together in one roll, baking time may be a bit longer for this.
Top Review by hollygollygee
This was easy to make, but we didn't like it very much. The potato made for an odd and a bit tasteless combo. Neither my husband nor I finished our dinner and to fill me up the rest of the way I ate a PB&J and he had a bowl of Cheerios. This was also an expensive recipe so I was disappointed. I follwed the instructions to a "t", but no good for me. I gave it two stars considering it is a very healthy dish at least.
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and thinly sliced (8 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 10 ounces arugula, cooked and chopped (or spinach)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, diced
- 4 flounder fillets, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil over medium heat. Add potato, garlic and salt and cook until potato is tender, about 10 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer potato and garlic to medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of cooking liquid and mash with a fork or potato masher. Stir in parmesan, pepper, nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Stir in arugula (liquid squeezed out)and sundried tomatoes.
- Lay flounder fillets on a work surface with skinned-side up. Sprinkle 2 tsp of lemon juice evenly over fish. Spoon arugula or spinach mixture onto fillets and roll up.
- Butter a baking pan.
- Place flounder rolls in buttered pan seam-side down. Sprinkle flounder with remaining 2 tsp lemon juice, olive oil, paprika and pine nuts. Bake 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.