Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a Cookbook called Quick and Easy Recipes from Better Homes and Gardens
- 1 lb flounder fillets
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons, coarsley chrushed
- 8 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- lemon pepper or pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into 12 thin wedges
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Thaw fish if frozen.
- Combine spinach, croutons, corn and cheese. Combine egg and water. Add to spinach mixture, mix well.
- Spread mixture in 12x2 inch pan, cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Arrange fish over spinach, sprinkel with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and arrange tomatos on fish, sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
I'm sorry, but this was inedible. While I was assembling it, I had a feeling it wouldn't work well. I drained the spinach really well, but the croutons in the mixture still turned soggy. Then, because the fish was pretty much on top of steaming spinach, ended up tasting like bland, steamed fish. The tomatoes didn't cook well enough in the time suggested. It was just a mess and after one bite, we tossed it, then ordered chinese.
Outstanding! The only thing I did differently was to steam some fresh spinach for the dish. Try to stay away from the frozen stuff! Also sprinkled a little bit of leftover small crumbs on top. Directions were nice and precise. Came out beautiful and delicious. Will make this again. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Lucky.Wife. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.