Recipe by Buddybearr
Full flavored yummy flounder recipe that is easy to and prepare and will make your crew hunger for more and more. Plus ....really healthy too. Can also be made with any light fish like Tilapia, Catfish, Orange Roughy or Filet of Sole etc. etc Manga !!! Manga !! .
Top Review by conhackney
WOW! This recipe is outstanding! And so easy!! I wasn't too sure about how the black olives would be in it, but the dish was soooo flavorful. I will make this again and again. I garnished mine with a little freshly grated parmesan cheese. Wonderful!
- 6 flounder fillets
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh off the stem or granulated )
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives (sliced )
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced )
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion (sweet, finely chopped )
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 6 lemon slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray (olive or canola).
- In a bowl, stir together oil, thyme, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, parsley, basil, chopped onions and lemon juice.
- In the prepared baking dish, arrange the fillets skin side down and season with salt.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the fillets abundantly.
- Bake, uncovered, in the middle of the oven for about 15 or 20 minutes or until fish just flake.
- Garnish fish with lemon slices and fresh Thyme .
- Now comes the best part, sit down with your loved ones and enjoy !
- Hope you will go wild for this dish as my family did.
- You may want to serve this with risotto or tortellini .