1/6 Photos of Flounder Francaise or Chicken Francaise
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
I love this tangy lemon flavored sauce. It's quick, tasty and light. I serve it on a bed of buttered spaghetti or rice for my family. I'm a diabetic so I serve mine over spaghetti squash or zucchini. It's just perfect either way. You can use this recipe for chicken as well, just substitute 2 large chicken breasts, cut in half to make 4 thin fillets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large flounder fillets (1 1/2 to 2 lbs)
- 1In a large skillet, heat the oil and 1 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- 2Place the flour and all the seasonings in a plastic bag and shake to blend.
- 3Place the beaten eggs in a shallow dish.
- 4When the skillet is good and hot, put the flounder fillets in the bag one at a time and then dip in the egg. Coat them completely with the egg and place in skillet. The egg should sizzle immediately. If it doesn't, the oil isn't hot enough.
- 5Save 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture for the sauce.
- 6Fry over medium heat until brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add extra butter if you need to.
- 7Remove from skillet, keep warm.
- 8Discard any oil left in skillet and add the butter and the 1 tbsp of seasoned flour reserved from the flounder. Whisk until smooth. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients, stirring constantly until well blended. Bring to boil and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. If the sauce thickens too much, add more water- just 1 tsp at a time until you achieve the desired consistency.
- 9To serve place flounder over a bed of buttered rice (or whatever you're using) and pour a little sauce over each fillet. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flounder Francaise or Chicken Francaise
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.2
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 211.8 mg
- Sodium 840.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 27.2 g