Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
I love this tangy lemon flavored sauce. It's quick, tasty and light. I serve it on a bed of buttered spaghetti or rice for my family. I'm a diabetic so I serve mine over spaghetti squash or zucchini. It's just perfect either way. You can use this recipe for chicken as well, just substitute 2 large chicken breasts, cut in half to make 4 thin fillets.
Top Review by gemini08
I made this with flounder, it was absolutely fabulous! The fish had a beautiful, golden color, the sauce was delicious. For my taste, the amount of lemon was perfect, I also added a few capers to the sauce. This is an impressive, company worthy recipe! Thanks for posting!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large flounder fillets (1 1/2 to 2 lbs)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- lemon slices and parsley (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and 1 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Place the flour and all the seasonings in a plastic bag and shake to blend.
- Place the beaten eggs in a shallow dish.
- When the skillet is good and hot, put the flounder fillets in the bag one at a time and then dip in the egg. Coat them completely with the egg and place in skillet. The egg should sizzle immediately. If it doesn't, the oil isn't hot enough.
- Save 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture for the sauce.
- Fry over medium heat until brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add extra butter if you need to.
- Remove from skillet, keep warm.
- Discard any oil left in skillet and add the butter and the 1 tbsp of seasoned flour reserved from the flounder. Whisk until smooth. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients, stirring constantly until well blended. Bring to boil and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. If the sauce thickens too much, add more water- just 1 tsp at a time until you achieve the desired consistency.
- To serve place flounder over a bed of buttered rice (or whatever you're using) and pour a little sauce over each fillet. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.