Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm always experimenting with foods I have in my kitchen to come up with simple, healthy dishes for my family. This one was a hit.
- 4 flounder fillets (about 1lb total)
- 1 lb cut leaf frozen spinach
- 2 red peppers
- 2 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄2 cup 2% cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- Wash red peppers and take out the seeds, cut each pepper into 4 pieces. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Grill in oven for 20 min (400F), if you want the peppers to be more charred, turn on the grill for the last 5 minutes.
- Place flounder fillets in a oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in preheated oven (400F) for 15 minutes.
- (You can put the fish and the pepper in the oven at the same time, but you should take out the fish if you want to grill your peppers.).
- in the mean time. Put spinach in a microwave safe bowl. microwave on high for 5 minutes, then add neufchatel cheese and microwave another minute. Stir spinach and cheese mix and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the spinach mixture over the fish and then top with the peppers. Sprinkle everything with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with a side of rice.