1/1 Photo of Flounder Fillets With Panko Bread Crumbs
From Sylvia Lehrer in Dan's Papers in the Hamptons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Place panko in a small shallow bowl and sesson with salt, paprika, and thyme leave and then stir to mix.
- 3Dredge fish on both sides in the seasoned panko.
- 4Melt 2 tablespoons each butter and oil in a large heavy skillet, over medium high heat and when hot put in 2 or 3 fillets at a time, one layer deep.
- 5Cook each side until lightly golden, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully turn with a wide spatula and cook about 2 minutes longer.
- 6Season with freshly ground pepper keep warm.
- 7Continue cooking remaining fillets.
- 8Discard any fat in skillet; add lemon juice, scraping pan with a wooden spatula to deglaze pan juices.
- 9Pour warm sauce over fillets and serve immediately. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flounder Fillets With Panko Bread Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.3
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.1 mg
- Sodium 662.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 27.7 g