From Sylvia Lehrer in Dan's Papers in the Hamptons.
Make and share this Flounder Fillets With Panko Bread Crumbs recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place panko in a small shallow bowl and sesson with salt, paprika, and thyme leave and then stir to mix.
- Dredge fish on both sides in the seasoned panko.
- Melt 2 tablespoons each butter and oil in a large heavy skillet, over medium high heat and when hot put in 2 or 3 fillets at a time, one layer deep.
- Cook each side until lightly golden, about 2-3 minutes. Carefully turn with a wide spatula and cook about 2 minutes longer.
- Season with freshly ground pepper keep warm.
- Continue cooking remaining fillets.
- Discard any fat in skillet; add lemon juice, scraping pan with a wooden spatula to deglaze pan juices.
- Pour warm sauce over fillets and serve immediately. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.