Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy recipe with an, Oh so elegant taste!
- 4 celery ribs, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons dill (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups condensed mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces frozen flounder fillets, thawed (or use fresh)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, except fish, and mix well.
- Pour into a shallow 10x16" casserole.
- Lay fish fillets in the sauce, spooning some over fish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
I tried this recipe and while it was cooking it smelled wonderful. I don't know what I did wrong buy the Flounder came out so so mushy. Don't know what I did wrong. Anyway, it was very simple and I'm going to try it again.
I almost never cook fish at home so I don't have much experience with it. However, I had bought a bag of frozen flounder fillets at Sam's Club on someone's recommendation and was looking around on 'Zaar for a good recipe to use them in. This one seemed easy enough, and I had the ingredients on hand, so I gave it a try, and I'm glad I did! It's really easy to put together and tasted great. It was just DH and me eating so I scaled it down a bit for just us two, but I definitely plan to make it again. The sauce is very tasty and would probably be good on chicken, too. Thanks for a great quick recipe.
I don't like fish much, but my husband does, so I tried this recipe today. I didn't do the celery and onion first and I used lowfat soup and sour cream. This tasted good (plenty of sauce so I didn't really taste the fish!) and was very easy to prepare. My husband loved it. It seemed far richer and elegant than the calories and effort.