Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
OK. I don't like fish, but this recipe looks and sounds really good so I'm posting for those who like fish. Its from Florida Cuisine Cookbook.
- 907.18 g flounder fillets
- 6 slice cooked ham
- 6 slice swiss cheese
- 4.92 ml orange rind, grated
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 1 slice each of ham and cheese in the center of each fillet. Cut to fit if needed.
- Sprinkle orange rind and pepper evenly over each fillet.
- Roll the fillets and secure with toothpicks.
- Gently dip rolls in beaten egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place in 12x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Melt margarine in sauce pan over medium-heat; blend in flour.
- Slowly stir in milk and cook until thickened.
- Pour sauce over fish and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
This was a very good fish recipe. It tasted like cordon bleu, the fish complimented it well. It was easy to prepare, did have some problems getting my fish to stay in their "bundles" One item is missing in your ingredient list and that is bread crumbs. Will definitely make again.