Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had some frozen flounder filets I had bought at Costco and wanted to do something just a little special rather than the ordinary. I found this recipe on the back of the bag containing the flounder. It is so good, quick and easy -- and you will probably have all the ingredients on hand (as long as you already have the flounder ;) Would be nice to serve with rice. Enjoy!
- 1 lb flounder fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, freshly grated (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt butter in shallow baking dish in oven (do not allow it to brown).
- Remove baking dish from oven and add the wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Arrange fish in baking dish; flip to coat with butter mixture.
- Bake in 450 degree oven 10 minutes per side, 20 minutes total, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Remove fish from pan.
- Stir almonds and parsley into butter mixture.
- Spoon mixture over fish to serve.
- Serves 4.
Excellent! So easy and fresh tasting. My flounder (summer flounder--Fluke, caught in Cape Cod) was fairly thin, so I also decided to reduce the oven temperature to 400 (although it was still at 450 when I put it in). It fell apart a little bit, upon turning it, but was still delicious. Used fresh parsley, fresh lemon and real butter. It couldn't have been better!
Easy, great taste. I used Smart Balance, fresh lemon juice, and added fresh minced garlic. Delicious over brown rice and side of broccoli. Kids ( 5, 4, and 2) devoured it. Thanks!
Very very yummy! I mixed a little panko with the almonds and added them on top during the last 6 minutes. Lemon wedges and asparagus on the side. Thank You!