Recipe by Oolala
Seems like an easy one from The Good Housekeeping Cookbook, 1973 (is that vintage yet)? Depending upon your tomato sauce, you may want to add some salt, pepper and/or garlic.
Top Review by Darkhunter
This was very good. I opted to use the flounder as called for in the title and was not disappointed. Another very quick meal to come together. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Oolala. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup butter, can use margarine
- 2 lbs sole, can use flounder
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- About 20 minutes before serving, in a 12" skillet, over medium heat, in hot oil and butter (or margarine).
- Cook fillets 2-3 minutes per side, until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir tomato sauce, parsley, and oregano; pour over fish in the pan;.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 or 6 minutes, occasionally basting fish with sauce.
- Serve from the skillet.