Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Flo's Hot Dogs, is located on Rte. 1 in the seacoast area of Maine, in Capeneddick. This little shack has "THE BEST" hot dogs in the world, and has been serving these hot dogs for years... Standing room only inside where the line goes out the door from the time they open, till the time they close... People order 5-6 hot dogs a piece, if that says anything!!! They serve their hot dogs with this sweet and slightly hot relish along with mustard, or with mayonnaise, or with "The Works" which is all three plus celery salt over the top. I have had the pleasure of eating a few of these dogs in my time, and all I can say is MMM m mmm MMMMMM M! The secret to these FABULOUS Hot Dogs is the relish or "sauce" as some call it... Here is the recipe...
Top Review by pokerace48
ok!!! i tryed this to the exact recipe shown, this is noway the same as flo's went and bought 3 jars and compared it absolutly not what i made here gross!!! threw it over the bank behind my house! anyway buy a jar save your money. if you look at the ingredients on the label you'll understand theres more to it.
- 10 lbs yellow onions, chopped fine
- 1 quart molasses, Sugar Mill
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 ounce Frank's red hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put onions, and crushed red peppers in food processor or blender. Chop fine.
- Put all ingredients in a big kettle, and heat until it gets hot, stirring as you go.
- Simmer for 8 hours.
- Put in glass jars, and store in fridge, or process in canning jars, following canning procedures.