Recipe by Krista Smith
This is a recipe that I received from a fellow scrapbooker (Flo!). I have made this recipe for a few parties and it is always a HUGE success. This is by NO means a light dish; it is heavy and rich and delicious. Once you make it, be prepared to get requests for more from everyone who has tasted it!
- 2⁄3 lb macaroni, cooked till 2/3 done (I love to use elbow macaroni!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cooper sharp cheese, shredded (or cut into small cubes)
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over low heat and add flour and milk. Cook over low/medium heat until the mixture thickens. Add the cheese and stir until melted (the mixture will be thick).
- Add the macaroni and bake at 375 until brown. You can also combine the macaroni and cheese sauce and put into a crockpot on low for 3 hours or until slightly browned around the edges.