Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another winner from my Grandma Flo. Delicious served over egg noodles.
- 1 lb round steak, 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cut meat into strips 2" wide. Dredge meat in flour and brown in oil.
- Push meat to one side of the pan and add onions. Cook until soft.
- Add mushrooms, 1/2 cup bouillon, lemon juice, salt, pepper and dry mustard. Bring to simmer.
- Cover pan and cook over low heat 45-60 minutes, or until beef is tender.
- Blend 2 Tbsp flour with the remaining 1/2 cup of bouillon. Add to pan and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles.
I made this for my kids and they (and I) loved it.