Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 8 chicken thighs, deboned and skinned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 large carrots, cut diagonally into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup grapefruit juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- fresh mint leaves, if desired
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat; add chicken.
- Cook until golden, 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, broth, grapefruit juice, sherry and tarragon to chicken; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook until chicken is tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place chicken in center of serving platter.
- Arrange vegetables around chicken, keep warm.
- Blend water and cornstarch in small bowl; stir into sauce in skillet.
- Cook stirring until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add grapefruit to cornstarch mixture; cook until grapefruit is hot.
- Pour the sauce over chicken and vegetables.
- Garnish with mint leaves.