1/1 Photo of Floridanatives Salsa Avocado and Egg Salad
I absolutely love the Rotel Salsa recipe I adopted from lazyme - Rotel Salsa - I use it all the time when we have anything Mexican or Southwestern. I've been on a strict diet lately, and this is a recipe I modified to fit my tastes, and of course, it's got Rotel Salsa in it. The lime juice in the fresh salsa helps to keep the avocado a pretty color and the salsa itself adds just the right amount of spice. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do - I love this stuff. Serving size is for 1 person - for an individual breakfast, lunch or snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 42.52 g finely chopped raw vegetables (I use carrots)
- 1 thin slice white onions (See NOTE) or 1 thin slice red onion, finely chopped (See NOTE)
- 1 dill pickle, spear finely chopped (I use Claussen, See NOTE)
- 42.52 g fresh Hass avocadoes, mashed (about 3/4 of a HALF of an avocado)
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, peeled, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 29.58 ml prepared salsa (Rotel)
- 1Mix the vegetables, onion and pickle spear in a small bowl.
- 2NOTE: if NOT using the onion and dill pickle, use 2.0 ounces of chopped raw veggies.
- 3Add avocado and mix together well with veggies.
- 4Add egg, and mix well.
- 5Add salsa and mix well.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
- 7TO SERVE: I eat this with FINNCRISP Rye Crispbread or RYVITA Dark Rye Crispbread. I'm sure it would be good with tortilla chips or rolled into a wrap.
- 8SALSA NOTE: If you do not use lazyme's Rotel Salsa, I cannot guarantee what this will taste like. For me the ingredients in this salsa recipe are spot on and it's the only salsa I use at home since finding the recipe!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Floridanatives Salsa Avocado and Egg Salad
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.5 mg
- Sodium 830.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: