Recipe by kitty.rock
I absolutely love the Rotel Salsa recipe I adopted from lazyme - Rotel Salsa - I use it all the time when we have anything Mexican or Southwestern. I've been on a strict diet lately, and this is a recipe I modified to fit my tastes, and of course, it's got Rotel Salsa in it. The lime juice in the fresh salsa helps to keep the avocado a pretty color and the salsa itself adds just the right amount of spice. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do - I love this stuff. Serving size is for 1 person - for an individual breakfast, lunch or snack.
Top Review by gemini08
This salad turned out very nice but it needed a few modifications. As written, it was a tad too bland for me. I ended up adding quite a bit of lime juice, chopped jalapenos and cilantro. As my veggies I used a white onion, rainbow mini peppers and a fresh cucumber as well as my home canned rotel salsa. I served it on a bed of lettuce with the egg on the side. It was nice and crunchy and very healthy. Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2012
- 1 1⁄2 ounces finely chopped raw vegetables (I use carrots)
- 1 thin slice white onions (See NOTE) or 1 thin slice red onion, finely chopped (See NOTE)
- 1 dill pickle, spear finely chopped (I use Claussen, See NOTE)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fresh Hass avocadoes, mashed (about 3/4 of a HALF of an avocado)
- 1 large hard-boiled egg, peeled, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared salsa (Rotel)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the vegetables, onion and pickle spear in a small bowl.
- NOTE: if NOT using the onion and dill pickle, use 2.0 ounces of chopped raw veggies.
- Add avocado and mix together well with veggies.
- Add egg, and mix well.
- Add salsa and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
- TO SERVE: I eat this with FINNCRISP Rye Crispbread or RYVITA Dark Rye Crispbread. I'm sure it would be good with tortilla chips or rolled into a wrap.
- SALSA NOTE: If you do not use lazyme's recipe#315990, I cannot guarantee what this will taste like. For me the ingredients in this salsa recipe are spot on and it's the only salsa I use at home since finding the recipe!