1/3 Photos of Floridanative's Pinto Bean Burritos
From the back of the pinto bean can, these have great flavor and are easy to make for a quick week night dinner. While we like these burritos as written (though I add more green chilies), you can spice these up by adding 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, 2 teaspoons hot sauce, or minced ancho chilies, depending on your preference. These burritos are also good with black beans, or a mix of both black and pinto beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons canned green chilies, chopped (I use the whole small can)
- 1 tablespoon dried chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheese (jack, pepper jack, cheddar or a mixture)
- 1 cup prepared organic salsa
- 8 large organic whole grain soft tortillas
- canola cooking spray (for casserole dish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large sauce pan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- 3Add beans, chilies and seasonings. Mix and mash the beans somewhat to the desired consistency.
- 4Remove from heat; spread beans, cheese and salsa in the middle of each tortilla. (I use about 2/3 cup beans and about 1/4 cup cheese per tortilla so they roll up nicely).
- 5Roll up tortillas and place in 7 x 11 or 9 x 13 ovenproof casserole dish, lightly sprayed with oil.
- 6Cover with foil and bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Serve.
- 7NOTE: I put additional salsa and cheese on top before baking ~ we like our burritos extra cheesy!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Floridanative's Pinto Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.5
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.9 mg
- Sodium 1139.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 23.1 g