1/1 Photo of Floridanative's Artichoke & White Bean Soup
An adaptation from an old (1998) Eating Well recipe -- very quick to make and very tasty. Add some toasted Parmesan cheese bread and a green salad and you've got a very tasty dinner.
My Private Note
1 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained (do not rinse)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups organic chicken broth
- kosher sea salt, to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- fat-free garlic & cheese crouton, to garnish
- 1Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and saute until translucent and fragrant. Remove from heat.
- 2Puree artichokes, cannellini beans, sauteed garlic and onion in food processor until smooth. (I had to use my blender, so I added some of the chicken broth at this point!).
- 3Add pureed mixture to saucepan, add remainder of chicken broth, thyme, salt and pepper and heat through.
- 4Check seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- 5Serve with croutons to garnish.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Floridanative's Artichoke & White Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.0
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 388.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 15.8 g