1/3 Photos of Floridanative Tortellini Soup
The original recipe for this soup was from Cooking Light Annual Recipes (1996). I adjusted it to suit our tastes. It's been a while since I made this particular soup, but I remember the first time I made it, I added some lean ground beef (we ate more meat then) and mixed up the spices a bit. It's a nice mixture and you can really adjust to your taste without fear. Serve with some warm crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
- 4 cups prepared low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) package uncooked cheese tortellini
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes or 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a large stock pot, heat olive oil and saute onion until soft. Do not brown.
- 2Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 3Add tortellini and cook 6 minutes or until tender.
- 4Stir in beans and tomatoes. Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 7Ladle soup into individual bowls. Sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese and top with additional fresh ground pepper.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Floridanative Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 328.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 15.9 g