Recipe by Krystal-Belle
We found this recipe in "Florida Monthly" magazine and it has been almost a weekly staple for us. Very good with chicken taco salads =].
- 2 cups florida eggplants, small diced
- 1 cup florida zucchini, small diced
- 1 cup florida green pepper, small diced
- 1 cup florida red bell pepper, small diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large florida tomatoes, small diced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves (chopped) or 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (chopped) or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave (chopped)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon raw sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Saute eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers and garlic until just under done (around 5-7 minutes).
- Add tomato and remaining ingredients. Cook 2 to 4 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat and let cool on countertop before placing in the refrigerator.
- Serve as a dip or as a topping for chicken or fish.