Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
The name says it all! If you live in a country/city/state/town where its hot and humid, then this soup is perfect for u! Its Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from the Young Times magazine. I hope you enjoy this fresh, healthy and cool soup!
- 2 medium cucumbers, washed,peeled,de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger, peeled,washed and roughly chopped
- 1 green chili, washed,de-seeded,stem removed and chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh mint leaves, cleaned and washed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 -5 black peppercorns, crushed
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh mint leaves, for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss in the cucumber, green chilli, ginger and lemon juice in a blender.
- Blend till smooth.
- Add buttermilk and chopped mint leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend again.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve chilled.
- Cooking Tip: Make sure the buttermilk is free of lumps.
- If you do not have buttermilk, feel free to substitute that with equal quantities of water and yogurt and whisk till smooth before using.