1/3 Photos of Florida Snapper With Couscous
Chef #426229 Picton43's Note:
I adapted this recipe from food reference.com. I start preparing this by slicing the carrots, onion and pepper in one bowl and the snapper and tomatoes in another. This is one of our favorites. I prepare the snapper mixture in my electric fry pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red snapper fillets (enough for 2 people)
- 1/2 cup sliced white onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot (1 carrot)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic butter
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup couscous
- 1Saute onions,carrots and peppers in oil over med high heat for approximately 10 minute.
- 2Cut snapper into bite size pieces and add with tomato,salt, pepper,and basil.
- 3Stir well, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Prepare couscous by bringing broth, chilis, and garlic butter to a boil in a saucepan, add couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minute.
- 5Fluff couscous with fork and place on plates.
- 6Serve snapper mixture over couscous.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Florida Snapper With Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 965.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 55.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: