Recipe by Kat's Mom
I found this at the www.FoodReference.com in my quest to find Shrimp Scampi like my father used to make. His was very buttery, lemony and loaded with garlic. Excellent served with rice. Times are a guess-timate (will let you know as soon as I make a batch). I am sure using regular shrimp would be fine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 lemon slices (to garnish) (optional)
- 4 fresh parsley sprigs (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse Florida shrimp and set aside.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- Add Florida shrimp, green onions, wine and lemon juice; cook until shrimp are pink and firm, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Add chopped parsley and pepper before serving.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs if desired.