Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Shrimp so yummy I decided to name it after my beloved state! This recipe is for one really big "dinner" sized serving, since I only cook for one.
- 1 key lime
- olive oil
- creole seasoning (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 25 large shrimp (uncooked, deveined, peeled)
- In preparation, zest the lime and cut it in half. Set aside for later.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, drizzle enough olive oil to lightly cover the surface of your saucepan.
- Add the garlic powder, creole seasoning, and lime zest. Then add shrimp. Cook until pink.
- Serve immediately with remaining lime halves squeezed over the top.
This was delicious. The creole seasoning add a nice "kick" without being too hot for my kids (who don't care for spicy hot foods). This seemed to please even them The key lime added a nice touch, too. Thank you for sharing your recipe, thestickyskunk. Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.
Superb tastes. I was unsure as sometime creole seasoning overpowers the other flavors and yet this was incredible. This is saved in my faves and is also joing the Easter buffet this year.. Of course we had to do a taste test beforehand and am glad I did. Your receipe won rave reviews! Made for PAC 2009
I love shrimp! This recipe makes for a perfect starter - going to do a 'dinner' size serving for everyone one day when doing a special meal - but this time had to share with the rest of the shrimp lovers. So good will have to double it next time around. Good thing I had made some hot wings to serve along side or it would have been touch and go!