Recipe by startnover
I found this while cookbook hunting! Rich and yummy!
Top Review by RayMakMama
This was very good with a nice rich flavor and perfect for using up the leftover shrimp and crab I had from our sushi night. I used fresh red pepper and added the water chestnuts, which added a nice little crunch. I would have given it 5 stars because my husband and I loved it, but for some reason the kids didn't care for it, which was strange because they usually like seafood and anything with cheese on it. Perhaps it was just an off night for them so I may try it again.
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimentos or 2 tablespoons red peppers
- 4 ounces water chestnuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup crab
- 1 cup shrimp
- 3 cups cooked rice, jasmine if available
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' onion in butter till tender- blend in flour and add milk and flour.
- Cook and stir till thick cream sauce consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in everything except 1/2 c cheese.
- Put into a greased 7-1/2 by 11 inch casserole and bake 350 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese over top.