Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs red snapper fillets
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Grated
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, Grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Thaw fillets if frozen.
- Cut fish into 6 portions.
- Place in a single layer, skin side down, in a well-greased baking dish, 12x8x2 inches.
- Combine onion, orange and lemon juice, ornage rind, and salt.
- Pour over fish; cover and place in refrigerator to marinate 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle fish with nutmeg and pepper.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350F, for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
Sorry this just didn't do it for us, the orange and lemon seem to overpower the fish. The timing was right on and it did look nice.
I made this for dinner one day and I think it turned out pretty well..very nice flavour, though I only had orange/pineapple juice, so I used that and it was very tasty!! :)
It's best to just buy the grated onion then to do it yourself.