Recipe by Douglas Poe
You can use Andouille sausage or smoked sausage if you can't find chorizo sausage.
- 226.79 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 223.96 g package chorizo sausage, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 59.14 ml olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, garlic, oregano and olive oil, toss to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Skewer one shrimp and one round of chorizo onto wooden toothpicks or skewers, Repeat with the remaining shrimp and chorizo.
- Working in batches, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Place a few skewer into the pan and sear on both sides until the shrimp are cooked through and the chorizo is lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the skewer to a serving platter and garnish with the parsley.