Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
One more great recipe from Taste of Home New Cake Mix Creations cookbook -- This one is high on my list of delicious desserts! Preparation time does not include time for the cake to cool to room temperature.
For the Cake
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
For the Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & grease a 13"x9" glass baking dish.
- FOR THE CAKE: In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, orange juice, eggs, water & oil.
- Beat on low speed 30 seconds, then for 2 minutes on medium.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, & bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature on wire rack.
- FOR THE FROSTING: In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese & butter until smooth.
- Add marmalade & powdered sugar & beat well.
- Spread over cake, then store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Like I saw in the reviews, I decided to put orange juice instead of the water in the cake. I didn't have yellow cake mix but only white cake mix so I used this. It's very good. For the frosting, I added more orange marmalade. I added orange extract. And also 3 drops of yellow food coloring and 2 drops of red food coloring to give the frosting an orange color. The cake is very moist. I really love it. Thanks Mike :) Made for Zaar Star Game.
This is a wonderful cake. I used a jiffy cake mix and followed the directions using oj for the water. Topped with a mixture of hazelnut cream cheese and a papaya, coconut, pineapple jam from Hawaii. Really delicious!
I really enjoyed this cake. I liked that the orange flavor is subtle. The cake turned out very moist. I wouldn't change a thing.