1/2 Photos of Florida Key Lime Pie
3 hrs 25 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
An adopted recipe from the RecipeZaar account. I did not make any changes to the recipe that is posted, but I do use approx 2 tablespoons more lime juice when I make it...just because I love the sharp lime flavor. Please taste the mix first before you add more lime juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare crust: Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In 9" pie plate combine graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar;stir in butter until blended.
- 3Press mixture firmly and evenly over bottom and sides of pie plate; bake 10 minutes until browned.
- 4Cool completely on wire rack.
- 5Prepare filling: In top of double boiler using wire whisk,beat egg yolks,lime juice,1/3 cup sugar and salt until well blended.
- 6Set over simmering water;cook about 5 minutes,stirring constantly until mixture is thick enough to coat back of metal spoon.
- 7Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoons grated lime peel.
- 8Refrigerate mixture about 45 minutes until cool.
- 9Meanwhile,in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed,beat cream until soft peaks form.
- 10Set 1 cup whipped cream aside for garnish;fold cooled lime mixture into remaining cream.
- 11Spoon filling into prepared crust;refrigerate at least 2 hours until set.
- 12To serve: Spoon remaining whipped cream decoratively over top of pie; sprinkle cream with remaining 1 tablespoons lime peel.
- 13Garnish with lime slices,if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Florida Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.2
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 237.4 mg
- Sodium 200.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: