Recipe by Sharon123
A delightful icy drink that will please the senses. I grew up in south Florida with no air conditioning. Enough said about that! Love this stuff!
Top Review by Rita~
Deliciously fresh and sweet. The cinnamon was very subtle at first. After sitting for a couple hour with the cinnamon stick in the juice mixture it picked up the cinnamon more. Included in Menu #16764 Thanks
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapefruit juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (2-inch)
- ice cube
- 2 (12 ounce) cans ginger ale, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- To make syrup:
- In a saucepan combine the grapefruit juice, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon; let syrup cool. Cover and chill syrup.
- To serve, fill four 8-ounce glasses with ice.
- Add appoximately 1/3 cup grapefruit syrup to each glass.
- Fill glasses with ginger ale. Stir gently.
- If desired, garnish with grapefruit peel curls, edible flowers, and fresh mint springs. Enjoy!