Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This recipe landed first place in a contest of grapefruit recipes that met the Best Life Diet guidelines. The chef is Matthew Laman, of Hummelstown, PA. Round this meal out with a cup of brown rice, or a thick slice of whole grain bread, or a large ear of corn.
- 24 ounces boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk marinade
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups no-salt-added chicken broth
- 2 florida grapefruits, juice of
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 papayas (peeled, seeded and diced)
- fresh cracked pepper
- 16 grape tomatoes, sliced in half (lengthwise)
- 4 fresh pineapple rings
- Place chicken breasts and jerk marinade in large zip-top bag, seal and refrigerate for one hour. Remove chicken from zip-top bag and place on hot grill. Grill chicken breast until thoroughly cooked, about 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, sauté garlic with non-stick cooking spray, then add chicken stock and grapefruit juice. Bring to a boil, lower temperature to medium low and reduce to syrup. Add cilantro. Stir well and set aside. In a large bowl, combine arugula, olive oil, chopped grapefruit and pepper together. Toss the ingredients to coat arugula. Add tomatoes and papaya.
- Place one pineapple ring on the center of 4 dinner size plates. Top each ring with one grilled chicken breast. Divide salad into 4 equal parts and place on the grilled chicken breast. Drizzle plates with sauce.