1/4 Photos of Florida Gazpacho With Shrimp
1 hr 30 mins
A Cuban twist on a summer favorite. (Cooking time is refrigeration time). Frozen corn (thawed) may be used for fresh corn (skip step 4). Cooked baby shrimp (cocktail or bay shrimp) can also be used, but I like the flavor and texture of the chopped larger shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs red ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh basil
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch oregano
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 French baguette, sliced in 12 slices
- 2 garlic cloves, whole and peeled
- 1 lb shrimp, steamed, peeled and coarsely chopped and cooled
- fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- 1In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber, red onion, green onion, chopped garlic, basil, cilantro, 3 tablespoons olive oil, rice wine vinegar, cayenne and oregano.
- 2Working in batches, process the mixture in a food processor or blender until blended but still chunky.
- 3Transfer to a large bowl and season with salt and ground white pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least one hour.
- 4In a small saucepan, combine corn with 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat and cook until just tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- 5Preheat the broiler and arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast until golden. Rub with the whole garlic cloves and drizzle with remaining olive oil; keep warm.
- 6To serve, stir the corn and shrimp into the gazpacho.
- 7Ladle the gazpacho into chilled soup plates and sprinkle with fresh chopped basil, if desired. Serve with warm garlic toast.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Florida Gazpacho With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 502.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar