Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love to drink these in the mornings. I'd rather drink this than eat in the mornings before I go to work, sometimes you're just not very hungry that early in the morning and this sticks with you through the day.
- 1 banana
- 1 (6 ounce) container yogurt (any flavor you like)
- 1 1⁄3 cups juice (any flavor you like)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen fruit (I use different flavors, like mangoes and peaches)
- Cut banana up into pieces into blender, or I have one of those smoothie machines. Add yogurt. I use whatever yogurt is on sale that week, but usually use Yoplait or the Store brand.
- Add frozen fruit (using frozen so don't have to add ice and water it down), I like to use mixed kinds to get different flavors. Use whatever kinds of fruits you like. It might take a few tries to get what you like.
- Add juice. I usually use orange juice or the orange/peach/mango flavored variety. Or I look in the Mexican food aisle and buy Guava and Peach nectar for a different kick. I like this a lot better than those smoothies with milk or ice cream and think it's healthier too!
- After blending and if it's too clumpy and thick add 2 or 3 more splashes of juice and blend some more till the consistency you want.
Original post on 9/13/2008: This is yummy! Used OJ, plain yogurt, cranberries, blueberries and strawberries....delicious! Thanks for sharing.<br/>UPDATE 3/31/13: I just had to comment again about this recipe. I have been making this regularly since 2008. I've shared it with many, many others who make it regularly too. We LOVE these fruit smoothies and I am thrilled that my kids get so excited about a healthy fruit smoothie snack. We make them so often that my kids' friends will ask for them sometimes when they are here. Thanks again for posting what has become a "go to recipe" in our home.
Great smoothie and the possibilities are endless! :) I used orange juice, frozen strawberries, and Yoplait's Strawberry Orange Sunrise yogurt to keep with the theme. The smoothie is a tiny bit larger than my normal smoothie, maybe next time I'll do about a cup of juice and a cup of fruit. Thanks for sharing!