Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a church cookbook. It sounds like it would be different with the use of TANG. I loved TANG as a kid, so did my kids. I haven't bought TANG in years, but might have to make an exception and buy a jar to try this. Note: the original recipe did not say what size can of pineapple, I'm just guessing a size so you can use your own judgement there. This is a recipe you could add or omit any fruit you like, or it would work with canned fruit coctail instead of the fruits.
- 3 apples, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, drained save juice
- 3 bananas, cut in pieces
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Tang orange crystals
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- Mix pudding with pineapple juice.
- Add Tang.
- Pour over fruit.
- Mix well and chill until serving.
I was intrigued by the use of Tang (I didn't know they still made it) and decided to try this, and I'm glad I did! This was a big hit---my DD said it was like biting into a big juicy orange! I was a little leery about using 3 tablespoons of Tang so I cut it back to 2 tablespoons and that was "tangy" enough for me! Thanks for a great recipe!