1/2 Photos of Florida Cracker Conch Chowder
1 hr 15 mins
Sherri at the Beach's Note:
My father-in-law shared this recipe with me and I knew I had been accepted into the family. This recipe has been passed down generation after generation. Back in the day, his family would camp on empty islands, fish all day and make chowder in the evening. It is delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute bacon until just turning brown.
- 2Add in onions, garlic and potatoes and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add in water, grouper and spices and bring to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes, covered.
- 4Add in conch and cook 5 more minutes. Serve warm with crackers.
- 5Note: I like mine with a touch of hot sauce added to the bowl.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Florida Cracker Conch Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.5
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 133.1 mg
- Sodium 355.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: